I was reading with interest a fantastic infographic on www.socialmediatoday.com, outlining some of the proven benefits of social media marketing yesterday, and thought it was worth closer examination.
One of the biggest barriers businesses have to entering the world of social media marketing and making it a part of their overall marketing mix is their inability to see social media engagement as a profitable marketing activity.
The infographic – which you can see here in full – clearly highlights some of the proven benefits of social media marketing in 2013, taken from a survey of 3,000 marketers and published by Social Media Examiner as its 2013 Social Media Marketing Industry Report.
The infograph raised compelling evidence of the numerous benefits of effective social media marketing – although, for me, the top three facts which caught my attention were:
* 89% said that social media marketing has generated business exposure
* 64% saw lead generation increase by using social media
* 69% of marketers use social media to gather marketplace intelligence
These sort of stats don’t surprise me – in the last financial quarter alone I’ve seen clients gaining the following ROIs from social media marketing:
All of this evidence leads me to ask a few simple questions to those businesses still reticent about engaging with social media marketing as a cost-effective, powerful and proven way of reaching out to new customers and increase sales over time.
* What is your marketing mix – why isn’t social media marketing a part of it?
* Why haven’t you engaged with social media marketing in 2013?
* Where are your competitors generating new customer leads from?
Sign up here if you’d like free monthly social media marketing hints and tips delivered to your inbox – including exclusive offers and discounts.