A very frustrated blog post indeed, today – and a warning to other content creators out there, too.
Skimlinks – it all looks sooo good on their website. But the reality is a tad different. And customer service? Devoid.
Here’s my experiences thusfar, as an example for other content creators to decide upon for themselves:
* Signed up, downloaded Skimlinks dashboard onto desktop.
* Plugins issued for my web guy to integrate into WordPress-based platform/website.
* He’s emailed Skimlinks a fair few times, and although we’re assured the plugins work from Skimlinks, they continue to highlight as not the case on the Bristol Editor site content management system. And, to be fair, I trust him and the entire WordPress platform far more than Skimlinks at this point.
* I’ve experienced issues in uploading content and links from Skimlinks – including a business contact who clicked through a Skimlinks-based content link, only to be warned of a significant Spyware issue from the incoming link, ie highly unstable.
* Three further emails from myself in a 10-day period to Skimlinks – all unanswered.
* Skimlinks system continues to be clunky and slow.
So, far from being a ‘5 simple steps to start earning’ as touted by the Skimlinks site, it’s actually taken up a considerable amount of my time and my web guy’s time – and let’s face it, time is a commodity most content creators on tight deadlines just don’t have.
So, from this content creator – Skimlinks? A massive fail.
What’s your experience of Skimlinks? Or any other affiliate content-driven marketing programmes out there? Would love to know.